Ocean Farm - the house - is situated in the middle of a one of the last working farms on the near south coast - only 1.5 hours from Sydney, you can escape to luxury, privacy and tranquility; on the ocean in the middle of a farm. You might be woken by the snuffling of a friendly cow in the night, but relax, all he wants is the grass. You cannot see or hear any neighbours from the house, but you can walk on the grass track about 1km to swim or grab a coffee at Gerringong's Werri Beach.
During the day you can walk, fish, read, swim or simply stay in bed. Once you drive into the farm, you will not want to leave. We suggest you bring your weekends provisions with you...however if you need the paper or a professionally made coffee, Gerringong is a 5 minute drive away; (or if you consider your barista skills up to scratch, you can use the espresso machine.)
At night you can sit and have a wine in front of the open fire or watch a DVD on the 2m wide projector TV located in the games room. (along with foosball and table tennis).
Since 2008 we have had over 300 groups at the farm - from family reunions to couples to swimsuit shoots to expats showing a bit of Australia to their visiting families. Sadly we cannot host weddings or parties - the grounds are just not set up for it - but welcome all others.
We will provide more information if you inquire or make a booking. The house itself is modern and pretty straightforward - if common sense fails we do have a full time farm manager on the farm to answer any questions.
Click here for a selection of guest reviews and comments.
The house doubles as a family weekender. The owners like to live comfortably and keep the house well stocked and as comfortable as their own home. We hope the guests appreciate this and treat is as they would their own home and at the same time feel welcome and at home.
The house consists of:
- 4 bedrooms with 4 king beds. (1 room can be split into 2 singles if necessary.)
- 4 bathrooms (2 ensuite, 2 semi-private)
- A very large living / kitchen / dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen - ready for cooking if that is what you choose
- Fireplace and firewood (seasonal)
- TV room with projector TV, DVD, table tennis etc.
- BBQ area and courtyard to shelter from the wind
- Internet (broadband - but not super fast sadly)
- 320 acres of rainforest, grazing walking tracks
- dairy cattle and beef cattle
- horses and emus
- walking track to Kiama or Gerringong
- 5 minutes drive to Gerringong, 10 to Kiama, 15 to Berry
What you get:
- All linens, towels etc
- Regular cleaning service on the day you leave (mid stay cleaning can be arranged)
- access to the entire farm (but not horses and other farm equipment.)
- Some spices for cooking.